God's Construction Zone
Riding by a construction site I notice a person directing traffic away from the site. I also noticed how hard at work the other workers were. Instantly my mind thought about me being a work in progress. Under God's construction and how God protects me during His working process. This made me smile, just thinking about how carefully God protects me and how jealously He loves me. As He lovingly places metaphorical barriers around my heart and mind during His working process. Not to hurt me but to mold me into the beautiful being He intended for me to be. During God's construction site, we get to decide how we will respond. Surrenderance or rebellion? The choice is always up to us.
More times than not I rebelled against what Christ was doing in my life. During this rebellion, I made the construction process longer than it had to be. This reminds me of the Bible story of the Children of Israel in the wilderness. An eleven-day journey took them 40 years to complete (Deuteronomy 1:2-3.). During their journey, the Lord was teaching them some things along the way. Which they complain about, and rebel against, causing the journey to be a lot longer than it had to be. The same holds true for us when we go against what the Lord is developing in us we make things more complicated than they have to be. I rebelled against the barriers God was placing in my life because it caused some people to walk away from me. And that hurt. God wasn't trying to hurt me He was separating me to mold me, teach me, and prepare me for the plans He has for me. Not understanding that principle I tried to keep those people in my life. Which causes more pain in myself and, hinders God's work in me. Because I valued my relationships with others more than what Christ had for me. Another reason is I didn't trust Christ's plans for me. I knew He knew what was best for me I just wanted to have a say in the matter. My need for control prompted me to question Him a lot. I lacked total trust in Christ. Christ was taking me away from what was familiar, away from my comfort zone. This causes me to not rely on others but to experience Him truly for myself.
Surrender came one day. A day of overwhelming weakness and brokenness. You see, you can't be a work in progress if you don't surrender to the process. Total surrenderance is a must. My overwhelming weakness came as a result of self-effort, trying to maintain control of my life. Meanwhile, everything I thought I was managing started to crumble and fall apart. This added more stress and opened the door to anxiety and depression. With this new diagnosis, I began to feel broken in every area of my life. Broken as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, church leader, entrepreneur, and every other part of my life. This was my breaking point the point at which Christ finally had my undivided attention and my devoted surrenderance. At this point, I had to stop resisting and allow Christ to deal with my heart and mind. This process was lengthy and at times I had to return to the Lord’s construction site for more work. We all are a work in progress only if we yield to the Lord.

Comments
Post a Comment