Self-imposed Prison (s.i.p)
Have you ever been in a room full of people yet you felt alone, out of place, and invisible? What an uncomfortable feeling. Oftentimes this feeling causes me to withdraw and separate myself from everyone. It's never good to feel invisible, especially to those who know you. But here's a point to consider. What if all of our uncomfortable feelings are there to lead us to the place God has for us? What if they are motivation to change us? Would you embrace the uncomfortable? To do so, surrenderance is necessary. I remember a time feeling invisible. I left the place I was, I got in my car, and began to drive home. While driving home a song came on the radio that blessed me. The song was like God's way of telling me I see you and I'm with you. I felt comforted in that moment as I began to sing
I know you see me
I know you hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store
I know you hear me
I know you see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store
Thy Will by: Hillary Scott and the Scott family
The lyrics to this beautiful song help me refocus on what matters. My relationship with my Creator and not how people make me feel. A quote from my Pastor, " You aren't what you feel. You are what you believe." People may overlook us. They may make us feel unwanted or invisible, but with Christ, we are seen. We are intricately known, valued more than we can imagine, and loved unconditionally by Christ Jesus. This is why knowing who we are and whose we are is so important. Life is all about choices. Are you going to choose to believe God's Word- the Holy Bible? Or are you going to allow your feelings to control you and keep you in a self-imposed prison? I speak freely about this because I struggled for years in my self-imposed prison. But God! The Lord opened the door and delivered me from me. Thank you, Jesus.
I want to take a moment a describe this self-imposed prison, just in case someone else finds themselves in a similar position. For the sake of this article, we will refer to self-imposed prison as s.i.p. Here's my experience. S.i.p can bring about the stress of doubting yourself, fear of the unknown, anxiety of trusting others, a worrying mind, lots of negative self-reflection, and bad attitudes from hurt and anger. Doesn't that sound like a terrible place to be? Yet so many of us find ourselves there and make a home in a place we were never meant to thrive. It's okay if you find yourself in a s.i.p. Just don't get comfortable there. I was miserable in my s.i.p. I wanted out. Christ stands ready for us to come to Him. The only person who can deliver us. But there is something we must do first. We must confess the issues of our hearts and our sins. We must desire to walk away from our sinful life. We must follow Jesus as He leads us out in the Way we should go. As we follow Him, He teaches us who we are in Him.
You are a friend of God. John 15:15
You are a child of God. John 1:12
You are accepted Romans 15:7
You are a new creation in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17
You are chosen, holy, and blameless before God. Ephesians 1:4
You are loved and chosen. 1 Thessalonians 1:4
You are created in God's image and likeness. Genesis 1:27
The Bible is filled with so many beautiful expressions of Christ's love. It's encouraging to know that His love and acceptance of us is not like man. His love for us is everlasting. ... I have loved you with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3.

Comments
Post a Comment