The Creator knows.
The Creator knows
As a mother, I can recall many times trying to explain things to our son. As a young child, he was very inquisitive asking lot of questions. He trusted his parents to give him the right and truthful answer. Although at times I could not give him the right answer, because I lacked the information myself. This prompted me to consider do I always ask the right person for answers. I couldn't answer why certain things were created. Looking down at my then young child I assured him that his questions should be directed to the creator of whatever object he was referencing. That answer must have been good enough for my son because it ended his interrogation. But could that answer be good enough for us when we inquire about our purpose?
Having this kind of relationship with our son allowed him to know that his parents didn't have all the answers but that there is someone- a Creator who does. We taught our son that everything in life was created by someone. When we ask the questions of why this was created, or what is its purpose. To get the true meaning we must consult the creator. With technological advances, we can easily research the manufacturing site for the proper use and purpose items. There are times we could ask someone who is trained or skilled with the information. This thought process should carry over to us. The created doesn't choose its purpose only the creator has the true purpose of the created. When our son asked, "Mom why was I created?" I smiled at him and answered, "Because Mommy loves you." My heartfelt answer did not appease nor satisfy his inquiry. And rightfully so. A question like that requires more than just a warm and fuzzy moment. I remember asking the same question but I was a junior in high school, not a young child. I believe we all should ask that question. Why was I created?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him, nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3
Where there's a building there's a builder, where there is art there's an artist, a creation there's a creator. So to know your why, consider the Creator. As a young adult, I went through a phase where I thought I had to find myself by creating meaning in my life. This phase caused me a lot of headaches and heartaches. But Jeremiah 29:11 helped me realize I was created for a plan. And guess what? My Creator knows that plan. I don't have to attempt to figure things out.

Comments
Post a Comment