Reset Please
Where's the reset button? Everything that could have gone wrong has. Now what? These thoughts flooded my mind one day as I realized I was making the same mistake repeatedly. I buried my face in my hands as I cried out. I cried so hard that I could barely breathe. I walked around carrying the weight of guilt for a while until one day a friend of mine shared the reset button with me. There is hope. There is a reset. Christ Jesus is our reset.
One of my favorite scriptures is 2nd Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." My understanding of that scripture if I desire a new start in life I need to be in Christ. I felt relieved to know that I could have a fresh start in life. I didn't have to be down and depressed because of my past failures and my current struggles. Christ doesn't want this for us. He desires to give us all the promises in Him. Promises of peace, forgiveness, and blessings unimaginable.
So what does it mean to be in Christ? The word "in" means a fixed position. Fix to remain. 2nd Corinthians 5:17 says when we come to have a relationship with Christ through accepting His forgiveness we are in Christ. We exchange our failures for His new life. Now all things have become new, and old things have passed away. That's the greatest reset ever. This new life doesn't mean we are now perfect people. It means the exact opposite. We are flawed people needing the forgiveness of God.
Next time you think, where's the reset button? Look to Jesus.
Dear Reset...yes we are all flawed...we are in desperate need for Jesus to take control...without Christ in my life I am nothing...but when I surrender to Christ, He will take away the what "ifs"
ReplyDelete