The GREATEST exchange!
As a parent of an African-American young teenager, my heart breaks at the many News stories of violence among them including homicides and suicides. Considering our teenagers are our future, that future looks bleak. There are many theories trying to understand the problem among our youngsters. Instead of looking to point blame let's point the problem to the solution. While listening to the reporters I encourage myself that there is hope and His name is Jesus Christ. With Jesus Hope is not lost.
This story of Christ's reckless Love reminds me of the story of Saul. He was a persecutor of Christians. Saul was reckless, he killed many innocent people, had many killed, and had others falsely imprisoned. He was untouchable and unable to be stopped as he had permissible letters from the government. As we look at our teenagers they may appear to be unstopped. But God. In the story of Saul Christ Himself stop Saul in his tracks. Acts 9:3-4 NKJV "As Saul journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" Christ personally introduced Himself to Saul at this moment, it changed his life and altered the driving force of his life. Saul was determined to live his life the way he thought was best. But when Jesus intervened, everything he held dear to him was no more of value. Christ changes everything.
Whichever Damascus road our teenager may be on we should feel assured to know there is hope in Christ Jesus. Christ came into Saul's life and changed his name to Paul. Paul abandoned everything he knew to follow after Christ. God used Paul to help establish the Church. Our teenagers can be called to do great things for the Lord also. They do not have to be murderers, causing harm, and living a violent lifestyle.
I pray that you Lord will introduce Christ Jesus to our reckless teenagers. I pray Jesus that you will intervene in their lives and change everything. Call them out of the reckless life and into Your reckless LOVE!
One last talk
Hey Mom I won't be coming home tonight
I know this brings tears to your eyes, right?
It's going to crush you to see me,
cold with bullet holes and bloody.
I'm sorry mom, you had greater plans for your son.
I've failed you. My decision can not be undone.
I'm not sure why my lesson I couldn't learned.
I really Messed up
Not wanting to do right, not wanting to listen
Now my highschool graduation I'll be missing
I'm sorry mom, I've failed you.
I wish I could take it back, and choose a different track
But my life, before it begun, is done.
By: Keshe'a Nicole

Comments
Post a Comment