My love-hate relationship







My greatest love-hate relationship. Is the relationship I have with myself. I can be gentle, loving, and understanding to others but terrible to myself. My intrapersonal talks are often hurtful. But how can this be? How can positivity and negativity dwell in the same heart? I can oftentimes see people hurting hiding in plain sight and become moved with compassion. I can encourage others and pray for others but fail to encourage myself. Again I ask how can this be? How can I know the Truth and choose to live a lie?


‭‭‬‬

Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.
James 3:11-12


A decision needs to be made. Positive or negative. Not both. Loving or hateful. Gentleness or carelessness. Christ says in Him I am a new creation all things have become new 2 Corinthians 5:17. All we have to do is agree with Him and live out His Word. Why at times I/we make it harder than it is?  But I'm committing to change that. I'm willing to participate in my healing. For the next 30 days, I commit to not saying anything negative about myself, and I commit to stopping negative hurtful thoughts.


I was so encouraged today by a conversation with a friend of mine, that it caused me to ask why can't I feel this encouragement after a talk with myself. Why can't I affirm myself in the Word of God and feel encouraged and good about myself? I can. We can. We can stop the love-hate self-talk. We can't love others right if we don't love sect right. We can't love ourselves right if we don't fully accept the love of God. When we accept Christ's gift of love we learn from Him how to love properly.


Would you like to join me on my loving Christ, loving self, and loving people journey? All you do is for the next 30 days commit to not saying anything negative about yourself, and commit to stopping negative hurtful thoughts. Join by commenting #LovingForReal

Comments

  1. I thank you for encouraging words 🙏 I too find myself being able to encourage others but can't encourage or be kind to myself. I love Christ, I love others but I have trouble loving myself...but I trust and believe with God and Victoriously Validated I will get better at loving me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Still Standing: A Testimony of Grace, Pain, and Purpose

Learning to embrace the TRUTH!

He heard my prayer and He answered

Reset Please

The stroll of social media